Saturday 22 October 2011

Vienna Pt. 2

So much for regular updates.  :'(  Now to do a months worth of updates in 4 massive posts.  YAY!  I'll start with Vienna.

So I left off with having the rough mesh of her body done. Next I added in the boot.  Why model a foot when you are never EVER going to see it.  Since I was aiming for low poly, you have to make things blocky.....but there's always that inner voice saying "HIT THE SMOOTH KEY".  Inner turmoil, I swear. 



Next I modeled her hand.  I'm no good at drawing hands....let alone a hand in 3 different positions.  As a workaround, I took photos of my own hand, a palm view, a side view and a top view, and used those as reference instead.  Hur hur.  I think it turned out great!



When the hand was finished I imported the finished geometry into my Vienna file.  I merged the hand on one arm then duplicated half of the body and merged it so both sides were symmetrical.  Clothes time!  It was simplier then I thought.  Because I modeled the whole body, I duplicated the faces where the clothes would be on the body and played with the vertexes to make a skirt and top. 



After the clothing and extra objects were complete, it was time for the face!  Scary.  I modeled that face over a span of 5 days.  Using a tutorial off the interwebs to helps me, I started with a plane, and using edge flow, roughed out the space for the eyes, nose and mouth.  It was a painstaking process of tweaking and table flipping.  Here is inprogress pictures and what I though was the final face.




Nope, your never done.  After leaving it alone for a week or so, I started to notice little things that were wrong.  So I worked at her slowly, day by day, and got her to a point that I can live with.  I'm pleased with the result.  Here is the final final final head.  Yay.



I finished her model on the 30th, close to the day I originally wanted, but in between I got the rest of her objects done and the environment started. The final tweeks were done bit by bit each day until the 20th-ish of October (as that's when I did the UV map - that will come later).



Next up, Vienna's headphones and sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment