Tuesday 13 September 2011

So much for keeping updates....

The evil monster known as concepting has been defeated!!  It only cost my my right hand (seriously) and a few head wall bashing's.  MUHAHAHAHA!!  In all reality I finished all the concepting for my studio project today.  There's a bit too much work to cover in one post, so I shall start with my main character today, and the rest of it tomorrow!!  I SWEAR!!!

I began concepting last Saturday (Sept 4th, 11) by just sketching some rough ideas on paper.  I drew out one girl (I wanted to do a female character) and decided to switch to a digital medium so I didn't have to sketch out the body EVERY TIME!  Once Photoshop decided to open, I sketched out a body and face and drew a bunch of different hair styles, a few tops and some bottoms.  All were done on separate layers so I could turn them on and off to compare them and see how they worked together.  After selecting my preferred combination, I quickly drew up a rough sketch to complete the day. 

As seen above, I scanned in my one drawing done on paper to add it to the rest of my ideas.  I liked the skirt and black jacket the moment I drew them and decided to proceed.  Here's a better look at my really rough character.

Now I got SUPER side tracked last week.  Between my 3D dinosaur and other school assignments, I didn't work on my studio project very much.  I began working on it again a week later (Sept 10th :'(  ) and began to draw her out in greater detail.  I wanted her to have attitude, but still look pretty.  Her bandana and hair stayed the same but the shoes were turned into boots, her arm bandages/bracelets were modified and more detail went into the jacket and under shirt.  The socks were discarded (actually I just forgot to draw them in and was too far along on the next few stages to go back and draw them in) along with her feather key chain, however I added headphones, a sword and a cigarette or lollipop.  I'm thinking lollipop, just for the fun of it.
With her done, I took a break from her to work on the rest of the objects/environment that will be in the scene.  I drew up the action pose, and finished her turnaround on Sunday and today.  Her action pose is just a wuick look at what I'd like her to look like in, you'll never guess, THE ACTION POSE!! A few more minor changes in the final turnaround of her.  (I've decided to name her Vienna and she shall be referenced to as that for now on!)

Vienna is now complete and ready for modeling.

Tomorrow I shall update you all on the rest of my project, along with DINOSAURS!! 

On a side note, while I was waiting for the pictures to upload, I began playing Pokemon Yellow.  I am Sephi, my rival is Cloud, and all my Pokemon are named after food items.  See if you can guess which Pokemon I have captured since I started this post; Giga Puddi, Velveeta (Cheese), Doritos, B(anana) Splits and Spearmint.

No comments:

Post a Comment