Wednesday 14 September 2011

Concepting Madness Part 2!!!

Okay, I don't want my computer to freeze up while lighting my dinosaur just yet, so I'll finish my postings early today.....so I don't forget.  Besides the basic turntable of my character, I decided to do an action pose as well.  I decided on my pose already, and gave her a sword.  So where is she going to be fighting.....and WHO??  My original idea for this studio project was to make a short animation about a lizard, so I had some rough pencil sketches of the cute little guy.  I made him meaner, stronger and removed the little bow from his forehead.  HIS NAME IS ELIZABETH!!  I'd be angry too if I was named Karl instead....better yet let's just name him Karl.


Karl won't be rigged, I'll just pose him.  He won't be moving around too much.  It's a static action pose for djfkajdfhalk.   Okay next topic. Where is this fight gonna take place?  Well Vienna's fighting a lizard, kinda Roman.....lets make a a roman courtyard like place.  This is going to kill me.  I've always sucked major monkey balls at environments; drawing and modeling them.  So if I don't bash in my head modeling everything else in this project, and texturing it, this will do it!  I know this concept is super weak, but it's really not going to get any better.  I'll use this as reference and make it up as I go.



I noticed that it would be near impossible to model headphone from what I had drawn, that was my next target.  I used reference photos from Skull candy, as I have a pair of the Tokidoki Agents headphones and I can resort to using them as reference as well.  They're very similar, I know, but headphone are headphones no matter how you look at them.

Now back to Pokemon yellow.....er  I mean lighting my dinosaur scene.  My Banana Splits is now at level 7 guys!!  :'D

2 comments:

  1. *Whoa!* This is fantastic stuff, KD! Don't wear yourself too thin by doing backgrounds and second character :D The model itself is going to be a lot of amazing work as it is :) Just a suggestion though...for all I know, you may finish it in 5 weeks! X3 I'm enjoying reading about your progress...and the Pokemons! 8D Who's you name Banana Splits?! I'm playing Pearl right now, how's Yellow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too worried at this point. As of right now, everything in this post is extra (besides the headphones that will be on the character) since it's not actually in my proposal! :D

    My Mankey is banana splits. Yellows just as epic as I remember it being. I'd love to have a Pikachu follow me around all day.

    ReplyDelete