Monday 16 January 2012

Cute Animals Pt. 1

Oh dear it's been a while.....I blame Katamari for this.  Everything can be rolled now, yes??!!  In all reality, it's back to school.  New projects!  New adventures!  New powers of knowledge gained!!  New file in Pokemon!!  (I'm hopeless)



On New Years Day I decided it was time to do some work again.  So I tried drawing out a new character that I could model....instead I drew a fox/cow wearing oven mits.  There have been days I've questioned my thinking process, but never as much as I did in that moment.




He's pretty cute though, and I got to thinking, he'd be twice as cute if there was a 3D model of him! So as I imported him into Maya as an image plane, I decided I would aim low poly, under 2000k tris.  And, instead of being realistically textured, he'd be painted almost like a vector graphic.

I began by modeling the body, arms and legs.  His face was fairly simple.  It was the hair that got me though, since (as usual) I had no real plan for it other than it should be a Mohawk. 



In the end, Punk Moo Moo, ended up being 1901 tris.  He isn't rigged for animation, but his body structure is so simple I don't think I'll ever need to.  He took about 2 weeks to finish, but I didn't really apply myself the way I should have.  He could have easily been done in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment